Sunday, September 5, 2010

R.S. SPOTLIGHT FOR SEPTEMBER!

"SHALOM"
"My name is Martha. My sister Mary and brother Lazarus were good friends with Jesus. When Jesus came through Bethany He would stop and visit us in our home. I would like to share with you one of Jesus visits.

I wanted to make a nice meal for Jesus. I had lots to do and Mary was visiting with Jesus leaving me with all the work. This irritated me so I went up to Mary and told her that I could use some help. In a very kind way, Jesus said that Mary was doing the right thing. He would prefer having Mary hear His words rather than make a fancy meal for Him. I learned PRIORITIES that day and I've never forgotten this lesson that Jesus taught me."


I then shared with the sisters how we must always remember our priorities too. Our lives are so busy with our families, work, keeping up with cooking meals, cleaning our homes and taking care of our families. Sometimes we think that we just don't have time for much else in our lives let alone doing our Visiting Teaching.

Posted by PicasaHow much time do we spend watching T.V. or doing things that really aren't necessary? May I just suggest that we do think of our priorities this month and realize that visiting our sisters is very important. This calling in the Gospel helps keep track of how everyone is doing. May we all contact our sisters this month even if it's just a phone call or letter. I leave these thoughts with you in the name of Jesus Christ......Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment