Saturday, September 18, 2010

GETTING TOGETHER IS FUN!



We always have a good time with Clarissa and Kelly. Last night we met at Golden Corral and had a delicious dinner. My appetite is back and it felt good to eat again.

One thing that I noticed this time around with chemo is sweet things tasted even sweeter. It was almost a sickening sweet taste. I couldn't eat cookies that I made or some cheese cake that I had bought. Because of this, I stayed away from the dessert area at Golden Corral. This was unusual because I LOVE THE DESSERTS THERE!! It will be so nice to get my normal taste buds again. How we take things for granted until they are taken away from us.

IT'S COMING UP GREEN! It's so fun to look outside every day and watch the grass grow. Teresa has done a great job and she really worked hard for about a week getting the ground ready and seed planted. Teresa is planning a trip to Salt Lake for General Conference in a couple of weeks and Don and I want to surprise her with bonus of $100 for all her hard work.
Tomorrow Tasha and Coldon are coming. I'm in a good spell and I'm grateful for this. Tasha will be here for a couple of weeks so she will go through everything with me. Tasha has assured me that she isn't here to be entertained, but to help. I hope my bad days aren't too bad. It seems like the more chemo treatments, the harder it is to get on top of things again.
It will be great to have her here just to visit and watch Coldon play. I'll be sharing some pictures soon. Until then....................

No comments:

Post a Comment