Monday, May 3, 2010

LIFE IS NEVER DULL!

I've had a little bump in the road in my life. Since the holidays, I've had some stomach problems. I went to the doctor 3 times to find out why I haven't felt very good and was so tired. Finally, a little over a week ago they found a tumor in my colon and I had a emergency operation to have it removed. I spent the first day in the hospital getting 3 blood transfusions, liquids and nourishment to build up my body. Then the next day the cancerous tumor was removed. It was as big as a grapefruit.

Here I am at the hospital with my sister Teresa that first day.

Dadra and my 2 grandchildren flew in that evening for a planned two weeks vacation and visited me in the hospital. It was so good to see them but I felt so bad that I would be in the hospital during their stay.

It was such a blessing to have Dadra, Abby and Landon here for Don. It would have been so hard on Don to go home to an empty house since he was so worried about me. Dadra took very good care of him by fixing great meals and keeping him company. She has been such a blessing along with my sisters Teresa, Clarissa , Tami and all my friends from the Third Ward and the pool.

Tami and Jeff have also been wonderful. Tami saved my life by making me go to the doctor again to get the Cat Scan. If the tumor had grown much larger, they wouldn't have been able to operate. Tami, Don and Teresa also helped Dadra and the children have a good time while I was in the hospital by going to Moon Farm, making cookies, etc.

I'm now home and feeling better each day. I will have to have chemotherapy and radiation. I'll keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment