Tuesday, May 18, 2010

GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS

Don had a wonderful trip to the East Coast to see Lara get her Master's Degree. Since I couldn't go, he was my eyes and ears.

Tasha, J and Coldon were able to drive down for this event too and they all treated Don like royalty and he loved every minute of his visit with all of them.
Everyone was very proud of Lara and her accomplishment. It's taken 5 years of hard work and SHE DID IT!

The bad news came today when I went to two Oncologists. My treatments begins June lst and I face 6 months of 25 rediation treatments and then Chemo. Then I was told that I couldn't go on our family reunion cruise to Alaska since it would be right in the middle of my treatments. I found myself tearing up and couldn't help but cry. I was so looking forward to being with my family again and this was more than I could take.

I could take the news of facing 6 months of treatments but not being with my family was more than I could handle. I already had missed out going to Lara's graduation and now NO CRUISE!! Oh well, life goes on and after this is over I will spend some time with my East Coast families.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment