Friday, August 27, 2010

WHAT A HEADACHE!

I woke up yesterday with a very bad headache that started in my shoulder blade and went up my head. I don't have very many headaches so this was unusual. My mother had migraines and would be down in bed in a dark room and often would be sick to her stomach. I have always been grateful that I didn't inherit these kind of headaches.

I put some heat on my neck as well as a vibrator. This helped me a little. I left for the Oncologist Center to get my pump off and told the nurse about the pain in my head. She said to go ahead and take some tylenol for the pain.

The taste in my mouth was very metallic so I had no appetite. I forced myself to eat some protein and drink liquids. Then I went to bed and slept all afternoon.

I was able to go out with Tami that evening. We ate at the Mall and did a little shopping. It felt good to get out and about. When I got home, I was again very tired and went right to bed. I slept on the couch with pillows propping me up since the headache had returned and was all over the place in my shoulders and head. It was a hard night but I got through it. This morning I woke up at 9:30 a.m. and wanted to take a shower. Teresa came over to be with me while I did this just in case I needed her. The shower felt so good and I was able to fix myself up which made me feel better.

By the time Don got home from work I was feeling better again. The pain was gone from my head. I still didn't have a very good appetite. Don went to Bocaza and bought supper for us. I was able to eat some food and drink some liquids.

I think I will have a better night. I'm doing better and I feel like I'm on top of this headache. I hope to have a few good days now. You never know what chemotherapy will bring in your life.
I appreciate any good day that I have!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed visiting with you today...I hope all is well! I have enjoyed visiting your blog when I have a free minute. :)

    -Lori Dillon

    ReplyDelete