Tuesday, August 24, 2010

CHEMO UPDATE........

Three Chemo treatments down and 5 to go!! Teresa was able to go with me this time. She took a little time off work and will make it up later. We got to the Oncologists Center at 9:30 a.m and we got home at 2:00 p.m The time went fast since we visited and kept busy.
One thing that was really nice was going out into the garden that's right off the chemo area. It was such a wonderful day and it was really lovely to be outside for awhile.
There's seating, statues, flowers and lots of folliage. We enjoyed taking some pictures since it was so beautiful.
I'm now wearing my pump until Thursday. I will see how my body reacts this time. I got to see the doctor yesterday after my blood draw and I told him about the pain in my abdomen last week. He told me to take Gas X if this happens again.

Speaking of the blood draw.......they couldn't get my port to give my blood so I had to have them take it out of my arm again. They want to see what the problem is so I will be having my port checked next week. They do give my port some kind of treament so that the next day I'm able to draw blood from the port. They wouldn't be able to give me my Chemo if they couldn't draw blood first. Thank goodness they were able to do this.

I felt good enough to go Visiting Teaching tonight as well as go to Walgreen's. I figure I will have a few good days before a few bad ones.

The Sparks came over with a wonderful meal tonight. It was nice to not have to worry about cooking. We also have another casserole in the freezer that Jeff cooked for us. As you can see, we are being taken good care of.

I will keep you all posted....thanks for caring!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment