Sunday, July 4, 2010

A SPOTLIGHT SURPRISE!

Don helped me with my Relief Society spotlight today. I was Little Bo Peep that lost her sheep and decided it was too hard to find them and besides, she was too busy to worry about it.
The Good Shepherd helped me to realize that every sheep was important by sharing the story in Luke 15:3-7.

The Good Shepherd left his 99 sheep to find the one lost sheep. When he found it He brought it back to the fold and rejoiced.
Little Bo Peep finally understood that the Lord wants us all to help find His lost sheep no matter how busy our lives are. This applied to our inactive sisters on our Visiting Teacher's routes. I then passed out some little sheep that I had made for each sister to remind her of this concept. While I was passing out the sheep a sister came in the Relief Society door and sat down. I looked at her and was shocked to see a dear friend from our San Diego days.......Patty Donahoe. I just couldn't believe it and said, "THIS IS MY FRIEND FROM YEARS AGO!! As I gave her a sheep I told her that I would be right back after changing into my clothes.
We had the Donahoe's come to our home and had such a fun visit for a couple of hours. They were on their way to the Denver area to see their daughter. Patty is another eternal friend. We have kept in touch all these years through Christmas card letters and pictures. How wonderful it was to be together again in person.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment