Tuesday, July 13, 2010

DON TURNS 70 YEARS OLD!

Tami and Jeff came over after work on July 12, to help celebrate Don's birthday. After opening cards and gifts they took us out to dinner at Golden Corral. We always have such fun with Tami and Jeff and it's wonderful they live so close that we can do these special things together.


When Don and I got home we enjoyed the book I had put together of his childhood years. We had a great time laughing and
remeniscing about what a cute little boy he was. Don's mother had given him a sack full of pictures, awards, newspaper clippings, etc. and I thought his 70th birthday would be a great time to put these things in order and present him this book for his birthday. He really enjoyed this and it took us a couple of hours to go through the book and have him remember these events in his life.
This really was a perfect gift for him this year.

He also loved Tasha's phone call, Lara's email and Dadra's tribute to her Dad on her new blog. Of course, being with Tami and
Jeff for a delicious meal was great too. It was a wonderful birthday for Don and it will continue this week when we go on our Alaskan Cruise this Thursday (July 15).

My next blog will be after our cruise so I will visit with you again with some wonderful pictures. I do begin my chemo on July 27th but I'm not thinking about this until I get home!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment