Tuesday, July 27, 2010

GETTING READY FOR MY CHEMO TREATMENTS



The first thing I had to do was get my Port in early Monday morning. The procedure went good and now
I'm ready for Chemotherapy. It was a little sore but didn't prevent me from going out with the Jester's for
dinner Monday evening. We go out with them evey month and enjoy this time together.

Don had taken a day off from work so that he could be with me for support and in case I needed him
for anything.
Tami took today off work to be with me during my first Chemotherapy treatment. I am so blessed to have such a
loving and caring family!! Now that I know the ropes, I know what to expect. It's really not so bad since I have an
easy chair that is very comfortable, a hot blanket when ever I feel cold, some good books to read, writing paper to
express my thoughts, good company to visit with, etc. Time flew by and I was done before I knew it.

Tami is wonderful company and supports me emotionally. She also is very knowledgeable about paying medical
bills so I make sure she OK's each bill before I pay for it. This is her job at the VA so I love having her help me
understand what each bill is for and when I should pay it.

Jeff is planning to make several casserols for us and we really appreciate this. He's a great cook.




This is my little fanny pack I have to wear for the next 2 days. It is pumping in Chemo while wearing it. It's amazing
what the treatments are like. I'm grateful to live in this day and age with these miracle drugs to help you live.

I have one treatment down and 7 to go!! I CAN DO THIS!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment