Tuesday, July 6, 2010

TODAY WAS MY LAST RADIATION TREATMENT!

After I was finished and said my goodbys to all those that helped me get through this part of my cancer treatments, I walked out of the Radiation Oncology area. I've made some special friends there but I hope that I never have to have them take care of me again.


I was given a certificate for completing the course of radiation therapy with courage and praiseworthy good nature. I wonder if this award had anything to do with the chocolate chip cookies I gave them last Thursday?

I have to admit that I'm glad this phase of my treatment is over. I'm grateful that my body was able to handle the radiation and chemo pills for the past 5 weeks. Now I'm looking forward to our family cruise before my chemo in the veins starting July 27th. I'm not even going to think about this for the next 3 weeks.

Don has been so wonderful to be there for every radiation treatment except for the 1st one. He's a great support for me during this time.

Oh yes, Don isn't with another woman.......it's me in my attitude wig!! I thought this would be a good time to wear it since I'm so happy that radiation is over.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment