Thursday, September 3, 2009

Everyone should have a brother like my brother Bart. He is only 1 1/2 years older than I am and I always felt very close to him. I can't remember him ever being mean to me. He was my friend!

It was such a shock to lose Ron when he died so suddenly. Ron was 6 years younger than I am so I certainly didn't think he would go first. I wanted Bart to know just how much I loved and respected him. I learned from Ron that you need to express your feelings before it's too late.

When Bart and Suzy came to Grand Junction to visit this summer, I had a chance to tell him how I felt. I reminded him of a conversation that we had when we both worked the swing shift at P.I.E. and were driving home after work. He said that he thought I was an attractive young woman, and that if he wasn't my brother, he would probably ask me out. What a boast to my self esteem this was to me at my tender age of 19. I often would think about what my brother said, and it made me feel good about myself.

OH! If only every sister had a brother like mine. This world would be a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment