Friday, June 17, 2011

CELEBRATING LIFE!

Janet and I decided that every 3 months we would get together and do something special. Last night was our first CELEBRATION OF LIFE. We went to Leon's for dinner. It's a cute little Mexican place on 30 Road. I had never been there before. We enjoyed visiting and being together.

Our only symptom of chemotherapy is neuropathy. This can take a long time to heal and go away. Sometimes it never goes away in some people but we know this won't happen to us. We will get better and normal again. Neuropathy is tingling, numbness, pain, etc. in your hands and feet. I'm grateful that I can still write, type and do everything that I want to do. However, sometimes at night my hands feel like they are on fire. When I walk, I always feel like I'm walking on rocks. With neuropathy a person is unsteady on their feet and has to be careful.

It's nice to have someone that truly understands the world of colon cancer and the treatments. Janet and I are good support for each other. We now go to the Oncology doctor every 3 months for a check up. My appointment for my sixth month check up is next Thursday. I feel great and have good energy so I'm not too concerned over this Dr. appointment. However, I'll be glad to get it over with for another 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment