Sunday, April 24, 2011

THE STATUES AT MEMORIAL GARDENS

We love the statues at Memorial Gardens because they remind us of the life of Christ. We always love this statue of the resurrection. Our little Alasha is buried a few feet from Christ's right hand. We enjoy walking around the area and taking pictures at each statue. It was a lovely morning in between the rain drops. What a special way to begin our Easter.

The dogs love to go with us and they are good walkers on the grass area. The clouds were getting darker to we knew we didn't have more than 1/2 hour before we would be wet.

Here Christ is praying at the Garden of Gethsamanee.

This statue is the Sermon on the Mount. It represents His teaching of the Gospel and love for people. Since Tami had gone to her Sacrament Meeting before we went to Memorial Gardens, she left for home while Don and I went to our meetings. Sacrament was so spiritual and I found myself tearing up a great deal. I told Don that I think I was spiritually in tune because of going to Memorial Gardens before hand and I really felt the spirit. I'm so grateful for my knowledge of Christ, His Gospel and His Resurrection. It's so much easier to lose loved ones in death when we know we will see them again. This has really comforted me this past month and year.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment