Friday, April 22, 2011

MEMORIES OF A YEAR AGO



I was put in to the hospital because of a tumor in my colon. On this day I had 3 blood transfusions, constant saline solutions and antibiotics to build me up for my operation the next day. I actually was feeling better than I had been for a long time with all this stuff being pumped into my body.
Tami, Jeff, Teresa and Don were right there for me. I was worried about getting the playroom ready for Dadra and the children's visit but Teresa said that she would take care of this and not worry about anything. She didn't need to go to work until 12:30 so she had all morning to get our home ready. I also had a list of things I needed and Teresa brought all those things for me so that I could get myself looking decent. I knew if I could fix my hair and get my make up on I would feel better.


Dadra and the children got in later that evening. Their plane was delayed in Denver because of a tornado warning. I couldn't believe this. What else could go wrong? Anyway, Tami was there waiting for them at the airport and brought them directly to the hospital when they finally got in.


What a relief it was for all of us to have them safe and sound in our hospital room. It boasted my spirits to have so much family that loved me around me at this time. The rest is history. I have recovered from the operation, treatments, etc. I feel better now than I have for a good 1 1/2 years. My energy is great and I'm enjoying food again (almost too much).

I really appreciated all the love and attention Teresa gave me last year and will always be very grateful to her. She was there when I needed her. The day that I had my 3 month check up from my doctor is the day we found out that she had died. It was like she was telling me that now that I was OK, she could go on and leave this world.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment