Tuesday, April 19, 2011

EASTERS ALMOST HERE!

Can't help but think of Teresa at this time of year. She loved all our traditions. Here she is coloring eggs last year with Tami and I. Didn't realize this would be the last Easter she would be with us. Sometimes it's hard to know that Teresa won't be coming in our door in the mornings to just say hello. I do miss her!

I feel so blessed that Tami lives close by and we will still do our special things. Tami is such a rock for me and even though she is a worry wort about my health, I think she is beginning to relax about it. I told her that if I wasn't doing good I would have never been able to go across country by myself.

We always get together on Thursday night for our mother/daughter night. We have such a good time going out to eat and do some serious "sale" shopping. Our favorite stores are Herberger's and Christopher and Banks. We are changing our mother/daughter night to Wednesday nights this summer since Jeff will be golfing that night.



Here we all are at the cemetery last year. Part of our Easter Tradition was to go to Memorial Garden's after church and walk around to all the different statues of Christ. We also visited our little Alasha's grave (our stillborn baby that was born in 1978). She would have been 33 years old. That's the same age as Christ was when he died and was resurected.

It was only a year ago when I had my surgery in April and began 6 months of treatments for colon cancer. What a year it was!! It's amazing to me that it's been a year and yet it seems like such a long time ago. I still love to watch the wonderful tribute video that Dadra made for me. It gives me such strength and a boast to carry on. I still get teary eyed whenever I watch it. Lara helped me put it on Facebook when she was here in March for Teresa's Memorial.


I took this adorable picture of Reygan when I was in Ashburn. She is only 10 days old in this picture. What a cute bunny and so alert. I feel so blessed that I was there for her birth. I had such a wonderful time the 3 weeks that I spent in the east coast. I truly have a fantastic family!!

It is good to be home with Don. We love our life together and he did miss me a great deal. We are looking forward to our Easter traditions this year.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment