Tuesday, October 19, 2010

MY 7TH CHEMOTHERAPY TREATMENT!

My nurse was Charleen and she was great. Everything went smoothly today.....not like yesterdays blood draw. Yes, they couldn't get blood out of my port and so they had to draw blood from my arm. They put some stuff in my port to disolve the fibers that were preventing the blood from coming out. Today they were able to draw the blood so my chemo began.
It was nice having my sister Clarissa with me today. We had a good visit while she was working on her aphgan and I caught up on my chemotherapy documentation. Teresa came about 11:15 a.m. and we had one of the nurses take our picture. My chemo was done and the pump is now on for the next 46 hours. Another one down and one more to go! I can feel and end to this.

Ileen Sparks insisted that she would bring over dinner tonight at 5:00. What a dear friend she is. Don and I enjoyed the meal and it was so nice to not have to worry about making a meal. I am surrounded by loving family and friends and this is such a blessing in my life. I never take this for granted!!


The doctor did tell me yesterday that my platlets were down. If they are down for my next treatment I will have to wait for a week before they can do my chemotherapy. Please pray that my platlets will stay the same. I'm really hoping and praying that my last treatment will be Nov. 2. If not, I can handle delaying it for a week. you posted.

We do have HALLOWEEN before my next treatment so that is something to look forward to. Everyone have a great TRICK OR TREAT NIGHT!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment