Monday, May 9, 2011

MOTHER'S DAY WEEK-END

I was going stir crazy since not being able to drive for a few days. I was feeling good enough to do things but felt that I needed to listen to my doctor since my hysterectomy. He said not to do anything for a week. Don had to work on Saturday so Tami wanted to take me out to lunch for Mother's Day. I was delighted!

We went to Denneys and had a great salad. I felt good enough to do a little shopping before going back home. I wanted a little end table for the side of my bed for my clock, so we went to The Clothes Closet to look around. Didn't find anything. Tami vacuumed the carpet for me before going back home.

On Sunday I decided to go to Sacrament Meeting. I always love to go and take the Sacrament and get spiritually fed for the week. It was a nice Mother's Day meeting and then flowers were handed out to all the women of the Ward. Here I am with Janet Forsgren and Linda Collins. Janet and I have so much in common since both of us went through Chemo. She is doing good except for her hands. She has the same thing that I have and it's driving her crazy. We always compare how things are going. It's nice to have someone that really understands how things feel.


I left for home after Sacrament and while I was relaxing on our new chair Shadow started getting excited and started to scratch on the window and started whinning. She only does this with Tami and Terersa so I couldn't figure out why she was behaving like that. Then Jeff and Tami came in the door. It was a nice surprise. They had bought me a perfect little table that I had wanted. We had a nice visit before they left.


I enjoyed reading the TRIBUTE TO MOM book that I had written. It brought back memories and a few tears for me. It was a wonderful way to honor my mother today. Jeff showed me how to scan again and I was able to put a couple of pictures of my mom and I on Facebook for all of you to see.


Don bought Kentucky Fried Chicken for us so that I didn't have to fix a meal. He also bought a delicious apple pie for a treat.

All our daughers called today and I loved talking to them. I feel like Mother's Day is every day since our daughters are so good to Don and I. It's lovely that a day is set aside for honoring our mother's but I really don't need this day to feel loved. That's a great thing to be able to say. I'm very blessed!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment