Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New adventure in blogging


Can't believe that I'm actually learning how to use the computer. My son-in-laws have helped me get set up with my new lap top so that I can be more in touch with my family that lives so far away.

We had a wonderful family reunion in July. The first day was in Wyoming at the Martin Cove area where the Martin Handcart Co. were rescue
in 1856. I had made bonnets, scarves, dolls, and bought guns, holsters and cow boy hats to help us feel like the pioneers. Of course, we all had reunion shirts with a family pulling a handcart to show who we were. Everyone were good sports about wearing these things and ended up liking the shade the bonnets and hats offered. This was such a wonderful and spiritual experience for Don and I. Words can't express how I felt about seeing my family honoring their pioneer heritage by pulling handcarts 6 miles. All of our 6 grandchildren were real delightful and seemed to enjoy this adventure too. Tami and Jeff were the only ones not there. Tami just started a new job at the VA 4 months before and couldn't take the time off. Don and I had taken Tami in 1998 to Martin's Cove and so she has had this experience. When we got back to Grand Junction Tami and Jeff were a part of the rest of our reunion.
That's enough for now. I hope that I can remember how to blog so that I can do this again! So much to learn!!

1 comment: